Saturday, January 23, 2010

One Small Mouth and Six Abscessed Teeth

I know how this girl feels. I have six teeth in need of a root canal and I can't imagine what it's like for a child...especially a child who can't be given an ibuprofen to ease her pain. I'm hoping that one day I can be a part of a medical mission to help children like this. I don't know how I'm going to do it, but I'm going to try. I'm sure she felt better when the teeth were taken out but my heartaches at reading that she had to have her teeth removed. My parents actually suggested I do this to take care of all my dental problems. I feel for this poor girl having to go through life without her teeth, but I'm sure it's worth not being in such pain.

It makes me wonder what I can do because as much as I pray, I don't ever feel it's enough.

5 comments:

  1. sometimes praying isnt enough, its like what Joyce said about that guy who went to Russia and was handing out tracks, but that woman caught him off guard and said "your words are nice, but they dont fill my empty stomach"...I guess its really just a matter of meeting needs with whatever resources we have even if it means to go without...an example would be although I tithed my 10%, give alittle more to like JMM or the 700 club that deal with people like this, and its not really being there first hand, but its still doing your part with what you can at this moment in time...if you are faithful with the small things, God will give you charge over much...like being there first hand later on in life...now I am not trying to preach and say YOU SHOULD DO THIS...its really just an idea...and really its easy!! as long as you trust God will really take care of you, it doesnt hurt to give, it just may cost a weeks worth of coffee or something I like, that I can live without is all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh tithing. God has been really putting it on my heart to give back to Mercy despite ending up as a Mercy Fail. For me, 10% is $66. Sometimes, I go nuts over giving that amount because of other expenses, especially with my upcoming dental work. But I just have to keep believing that God will provide.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tithe it and He will, and never tithe with a doubtful or worried heart, give cheerfully with FULL EXPECTANCY that God's GOT YOU!! and when He puts it on your heart, ask Him about the amount, never take that into your own hands.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I heard that worrying is a sin...and I'm trying to give all my worrying and fear over to Him. Fear got me in a lot of trouble and resulted in some not so great things happening.

    ReplyDelete
  5. where ever there is fear there is no love, just ask God to shower His love in those places of fear...it may take a while before you see results, but ask Him and look up scripture about love in the mean time....go to www.blueletterbible.org its a great place to do word searches and scripture searches and it has every version imaginable...do a "love" word search while you ask Him to do that!

    ReplyDelete