Saturday, January 30, 2010

Chapter Two: the Root of the Problem

I guess we can start off with some of the questions she asked us in the chapter. As you know she talks about how selfishness is the root of the worlds problem and even our problems as individuals. I think it is extremely hard to step out beyond myself and fight my flesh everyday to think of someone else, but not impossible. Although its a battle, I know that I have the one living inside me that can help me overcome it! Imagine how much harder it would be to find happiness if you dont have the Spirit? Oh my!! I would never even dream of it. This chapter really gave me somethings to really think about and rexamine myself with. The questions she asked were:

How do you respond, when you dont get what you want?

For me, I complain and get irritated and frustrated. Sometimes its easier to just forget about it, but only with somethings. I guess to die to myself daily would take alot of courage and fight.

Do you get angry? sometimes

Do you grumble and complain? Yes I do, even murmur to myself at times

Are you really able to trust God to take care of you or do you have to live in fear that if you dont, nobody will?

I trust him with finances, but only to a limit. but when it comes to "finding that one true guy" I seem to travel wearily in my mind, so I guess I am not trusting God with that. and I have even thought some very selfish thoughts against Him lately with wanting to do things my way. and for me thats dangerous.

I dunno about anyone else, but I want real happiness thats gonna last, and if I can grab a hold of letting go of myself...TRULY...then I will welcome happiness head on. I guess happiness doesnt always mean comfort and thats a scary thing!

2 comments:

  1. Do you get angry? Yes, but not as much as I used to.

    Do you grumble and complain? I try not to. I did a lot while at Mercy, but when I got home, I realized things could be worse...a lot worse. I learned that doing so gets you nothing or worse.

    Are you really able to trust God to take care of you or do you have to live in fear that if you dont, nobody will?

    I'm learning to trust in Him. I have a lot of fear about what's going to happen to me in the future but I have to learn to let Him handle the particulars. I want to hand my finances over to him because I'm certainly not doing a good job. In fact, I want to hand everything over to Him. I'm not doing such a good job at handling my life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. at that moment is when you cry out to Him and say "HELP!!!...I cant so this on my own anymore and I am tired of messing things up!"...God will meet you right where you are!! and thats good that you dont complain anymore..I could learn a thing or two from you!! lol...

    ReplyDelete